Home » Business
Category Archives: Business
the blind man and the advertising story
No-one was giving him any money.
A young advertising writer walked past and saw the blind man with his sign and empty cup, and also saw the many people passing by completely unmoved, let alone stopping to give money.
The advertising writer took a thick marker-pen from her pocket, turned the cardboard sheet back-to-front, and re-wrote the sign, then went on her way.
Immediately, people began putting money into the tin cup.
After a while, when the cup was overflowing, the blind man asked a stranger to tell him what the sign now said.
“It says,” said the stranger, ” ‘It’s a beautiful day. You can see it. I cannot.’ “
(My Dad told me this story when I was a teenager in the 1970s. I saw it recently on a video on the web. This story illustrates in a timeless way how important choice of words and language is when we want to truly connect with and move other people. Thanks BC and SD)
- Commercial vendors are not permitted to place classified ads.
- If you are a commercial account and you want to place a classified ad, post the ad with a separate personal profile account, which you may set up for free.
- Only Commercial members may place coupons, flyers, sales, specials and events in any other Section.
- $10.00 a week and post an unlimited amount of offers. Must post expiry date.
- A registration fee is required and receive 6 FREE MONTHS of YELLOW PAGES.
- Registration fee covers the setup of your Profile, initial introduction webpage and a Business Blog page.
- Build a website, up to 50 pages permitted.
- Contact your local representative for details. Link at top of page.
FREE!! Classified Ads
FREE!! Classified Ads for Registered Members of http://www.100milemall.com. Post your ad in your local neighborhood listing, in full color and add an image.
Promote your classified ad by either emailing to prospects or printing off as a flyer for the neighborhood.
All we ask in return, is be a “good neighbor”, support your local 100 Mile Mall vendor and post comments on their Blogs.
At the bottom of your classified ad you may place which 100 Mile Mall vendor you support.
See what your neighbors are saying.
fLASH fo CASH were “the neighbors are the news!”
Links below to current editions pages
- 7 Good Reasons To Drink Coffee
- History of the Sandwich
- Avoid Cross Contamination
- Benefits of a Community Social Profile
- “Whoopie!” – get yours lately!!
- Water FAQS
- Nails as a Health Indicator
- Online Store Coupons vs. Newspaper Flyers